Skip to main content

Food Crushing...

Maybe a little crushing as well but I just can't hold this back from ya'll anymore.

If you aren't following Pinch of Yum then you are missing out.

Missing. OUT!

I've been following POY for about a year now and have to say it's my number 1 favorite food blog followed closely by the Pioneer Woman.

With our move to eating a more healthy, clean, less processed diet this website has been perfect. While we aren't full on vegetarian, I did devour part of a delicious steak Sunday night, more and more of our meals are heading that way. POY has made that transition easy and delicious.

and truth be told, I had a stomachache all night after I ate about a quarter of the steak. 

In the past month I've made some of the Lindsay's recipes and have been over the moon!

My dinner menu for the week is predominantly POY recipes. 

The top faves right now:

1. 5 Minute Magic Green Sauce: Recipe here This sauce is amazing on everything. D doesn't think so but I do. I've used it on black bean tostadas, black bean tacos, arugula salad, quesadilla's, I even spread it on crackers one morning for a quick hit before I walked out the door to work. Make it. Love it. Repeat.


2. Coconut Oil Granola. Recipe here : I am not a huge fan of overly sweet things. Don't get me wrong, if it's a sugar cereal I'll eat that stuff till my head buzzes, but that's more a dessert to me than a breakfast. I love the POY Coconut Oil Granola. It's not overly sweet. I did do a few different things by adding more variety of nuts and instead of raisins I tossed in cherries. Served with ice cold milk or milk substitute of your choice, topped with about 100 fresh blueberries. BAM awesome breakfast.


3. Healthy Fettuccine Alfredo: Recipe here I know what you're thinking. No way can fettuccine alfredo be healthy and if it is, then it's not going to taste delicious like that thick, creamy, comfort food i'm gonna eat this in my sweat pants, type of way... but it is, and it does, and you'll definitely want your thanksgiving stretchy pants for this meal. The secret. Cauliflower. That makes the base of the sauce and it's amazing! Sorry, I never did get a good photo of this. I ate it to fast :)

4. Rainbow Power Salad with Roasted Chickpeas: Recipe here As soon as I get a real vegetable spiralizer this is going to be my favorite favorite thing to make, but since the one I tried first was crap I just ended up chopping everything and tossing it in a bowl with arugula, topped with the 5MMGS and was pretty much in healthy, clean eating, flavor power punch heaven.


Finally number five. Oh this dinner last night was amazing. It was perfect. I'm eating the rest for lunch today and there is enough left of the filling for quesadilla's on Thursday. mmmmm I do love a good quesadilla.

5. Queso Stuffed Poblano's: Recipe hereThese were so delicious. Just enough heat to keep it interesting. Packed with delicious spinach, *mushrooms, rice, chese all simmered together in a fresh spicy salsa sauce, then baked in the oven till the cheese on top becomes all melty and brown. I literally could have eaten all of them, and probably would have been up all night.


I do have one more for you and you should absolutely make these immediately. If you remember correctly I made these last year for D's birthday. I also made them again for mom when we were visiting in Florida. I'm going to be making them AGAIN for my honorary niece's birthday coming up quick...

Thick and Fudgy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies: Recipe here
Don't forget the milk.

vodka not included...


 Happy Tuesday
Go check out POY you won't be disappointed.


*Up until my 40th birthday last year I wouldn't be caught dead eating a mushroom. I can honestly tell you in the past 12 months I've eaten more mushrooms that I have in my entire 39 years. I won't eat them just as they are, but diced, and cooked up with pizza, lasagna, queso stuffed poblanos, oh yeah, I'm all over them.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

The countdown...

The Elbow has taken things a little to far. After three cortisone shots, icing, and squeezing exercises, it's just not behaving... Tuesday I went into the MRI tube do the Doc H. Could get a good look at what's going on...wear and tear is what's going on and it's only getting worse.. I can keep getting shots of cortisone but eventually they'll stop being as effective. Surgery will be the best option. That's right. SURGERY Wanna know the worst part? Recovery can take up to five months Five Months 5 FIVE months of no knitting... . . . I'll give you a second to get up off the floor... . . . You read that again didn't you? . . . my friend MzKimba has graciously offered to take care of my stash. However I think I'll just pack it all up and store it somewhere safe till I get the all clear from Doc H. Now all this being said, I have projects that need to be completed, so I'm going to try and schedule the surgery for som