Skip to main content

Finished Object


Crazy right?
A 'Finished Object' post.
It is crazy.
It's been a crazy busy summer and we're speed rolling right into a crazy busy fall...
America's Knitting kicked off their next Knit-A-Long which is super fun and I'm super excited about... (because it was my idea has nothing to do with the excitement)
We're doing a KAL that features all the accessory designs by Never Not Knitting's Alana Dakos!
I'll gush more later on my love of all things Alana.

So lets see, crazy busy
1. Knit-a-long
2. turn and burn trip to the Twin Cities coming up
3. long trip to Maui (hurry hurry hurry)
4. return from Maui in time to head up to the mountains for Oktoberfest (I have a better plan this year than I did last year)
5. return from Oktoberfest and get two weekends at home before the So Much Yarn retreat in Langley with my mom.

Once I get through all this I'll be hard staring at Thanksgiving, our Christmas party, Christmas Craziness

crap

I think I'll take my yarn and go hibernate with Fuzzy Wuzzy. I have the hat to keep me cozy!

However, I do have a finished object (actually I have two to talk about but the second one isn't photo ready yet so you get this one).

Haleakala Hat
Pattern: Garter Ear Flap Hat from the Purl Bee Blog
Yarn: Malabrigo in Fuchsia
Needles: size 6 16"
Difficutly: advanced beginner, short rows can give you palpitations but Purl Bee has a great tutorial and when you do them in garter stitch you don't have to pick up your wraps (picking up wraps give me palpitations)
I love it.
I love it
I love it
I totally screwed it up again though. Just like I screwed up Baby G's but it still looks awesome.
It covers my ears perfectly
The tassel is just floppy enough for my taste without look foolish like some oversized pompom

The best part
This pattern ranges in sizes from Baby G size to Crazy Aunt Carmel Size. Maybe we'll do a selfie with our matching hats when I hit the Twin Cities...
 
Side Note:I've been quiet on the blog all summer because we've been crazy busy. I'm quiet now because our Boxer girl Gabby is sick. Two weeks ago she was diagnosed with Boxer Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Cardiomyopathy (ARVC). There is no cure, our only goal at this point is to keep her calm, comfortable, happy and shower her with love. She is taking medication to regulate her heart beat but she's slowing down and she'll continue to get slower and have a harder time wandering about the house and yard. Our dogs are such a huge part of our lives that this news was a blow to our hearts. 

Mr. Brown on the other hand is getting crazier by the day. He's all about finding things to eat and they don't have to be food, he tried a bar of expensive soap yesterday, and I think he liked it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W.I.P

Bears Barn Owl. We had a hockey game last night and while I'm normally so wrapped up in the game that I don't have time to knit, that was not the case last night. Silvertips have had a rough go and the Red Deer Rebels really wolloped them last night. So I knit. I ate some dingleberries. Delicious. and I knit some more. I have a feeling I'll be finishing this bad boy up by tomorrow and he'll be the star of the retreat. Isn't his color wonderful?

Knitter Down...I Repeat, We Have a Knitter Down...

It's probably not that dramatic, well maybe it is, who can say for sure....but I can say this, right now from my elbow to my wrist is some gnarly pain that was flared last night after knitting 6 rows of the Shawl...SIX ROWS and then WHAMMO! so much pain. This isn't the first day I've had this, I've actually been ignoring for a few days ...okay, I've been ignoring it for a couple weeks but this is the worst it's been...So, I've made inquiries as to which doctor to see and am waiting to hear back to make an appointment...while I wait ice packs, and copious amounts of pain meds (don't worry by copius I really mean, recommended daily dose) are being taken with the shedding of a few tears while I fondle my knitting... stay tuned...this can't possibly last forever xoxoxo c. p.s. Fati...don't worry I have a plan if this whole wrist issues blows out of control...

24 Hours

I don't even really know how to tell you about our last weekend. We took a trip that lasted less than 24 hours from start to finish. Saturday morning we left our home at 8:30 a.m. with our friends and we caught a train to Portland, Oregon. We were going to watch our hockey team play against the Portland Winterhawks. It's important to note that Friday Portland and areas far south of Tacoma Washington were hit with a snow storm. But, we were taking the train so we weren't super concerned. I packed extra knit items and warm clothes just in case we needed it. Boy did we need it! As soon as we got out of the train station we snagged the first cab we saw and made it thru the snow covered streets to our hotel. Which was a short walk from Memorial Coliseum where the game was being played that night. Checked in, changed our clothes into our team colors, and headed out to walk around a bit and find some pub grub... That's when we realized we were in the m